High School Competition Rules
The Basic Rules:
- A representative from Mohawk College can visit your school to present information about the contest and our programs at the college. During that visit the representative will leave behind the building kits for students interested in participating. Individual high school students can contact Matt Shelley at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange delivery of a building kit. All building kits are free of charge for high school competitors.
- Competitors must be carrying a full-time course load to be eligible for prizes
- The building material shall only consist of the Popsicle sticks and Lepage's Multi-purpose glue supplied to you in the 2018 High School competition kit from Mohawk College.
- The bridge must not exceed the dimensions below:
- The bridge weight must not exceed 250g
- Your bridge must be handed in Thursday, March 22nd, between 4:00pm and 8:00pm at Mohawk College, Fennell Campus, in room A032. Click here for directions to the college.
Click this link for: COMPLETE RULE PACKAGE FOR THE HIGH SCHOOL COMPETITION
Prizes 2018 prizes
1ST PLACE: $1000 TUITION FEE SCHOLARSHIP SPONSORED BY THE OPTIMIST CLUB OF HAMILTON
2ND PLACE: $750 TUITION FEE SCHOLARSHIP SPONSORED BY THE OPTIMIST CLUB OF STONEY CREEK
3RD PLACE: $500 TUITION FEE SCHOLARSHIP SPONSORED BY OPTIMIST CLUB OF HAMILTON
4TH PLACE: $300 CASH SPONSORED BY: iSPAN SYSTEMS
5TH PLACE: $200 CASH SPONSORED BY THE HAMILTON-HALTON CONSTRUCTION ASSOCIATION.
BEST PERFORMING TRUE TRUSS: $300 CASH SPONSORED BY: TURKSTRA LUMBER CO.
BEST WORKMANSHIP 1ST PLACE JUNIOR (GRADE 9-10): $200 CASH SPONSORED BY: THE BUILDING AND CONSTRUCTION SCIENCES DEPARTMENT, MOHAWK COLLEGE
BEST WORKMANSHIP 2ND PLACE JUNIOR (GRADE 9-10): $150 CASH SPONSORED BY LANDTEK LTD.
BEST WORKMANSHIP 1ST PLACE SENIOR (GRADE 11-12): $200 CASH SPONSORED BY: WOOD (AMEC FOSTER WHEELER)
BEST WORKMANSHIP 2ND PLACE SENIOR (GRADE 11-12): $150 CASH SPONSORED BY: WOOD (AMEC FOSTER WHEELER)
MOST UNIQUE DESIGN: $100 CASH SPONSORED BY: TOMS + McNALLY DESIGN